DJI Air 2s
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise
DJi Mini 2 - 249g
The DJI Mini 2 is so close to the 250g - 25Kg - limit, you should register and get a license - "Drone registration – Certificate of Registration, Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS), visual line-of-sight (VLOS) - SVC-200109"
Register your drone with Transport Canada https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone-safety/registering-your-drone-overview
Transport Canada Drone Pilot License https://tc.canada.ca/sites/default/files/migrated/infographic_find_your_drone_category.pdf
Nav Canada RPAS - for operating in ATC Controlled Airspace https://www.navcanada.ca/en/flight-planning/drone-flight-planning.aspx
Flight maps for the 3 airports nearby
Journey log entry
Launch, Recovery and Emergency procedures
Pilot License on hand
RPAS Registration on hand
Liability for commercial
Nav Canada CFPS https://plan.navcanada.ca/wxrecall/
Geofencing map from DJI - https://www.dji.com/ca/flysafe/geo-map
Flew at the school (200 ft from the empty parking lot (the ellipse is 100 ft in diameter) - up to 110 meters altitude, when I was down near 20m noticed a cessna 150 or 170 flying perpendicular to the runway direction at carp (more than 6km away). Anyway heard the engine when it was 1000ft away and what looked like 600-800 ft. Landed my drone in case. I will need to upgrade to either the DJI Air 2s or DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise to get ADS-B so I can get earlier warnings to conflicting aircraft. I also think the beacon in the 2 enterprise would be beneficial even in daylight.
The manufacturer has not made a declaration (as per CAR 901.76) for the make and model you are registering. This means the drone may not be operated in the following situations:
- Controlled airspace - Operations in which the drone will fly within the airspace controlled by air traffic control (Class A-F)
- Over people - Operations in which the drone will fly within 16.4 ft (5 m) or directly over any person not associated with the operation.
- Near people - Operations in which the drone will fly within 100 ft (30 m) and 16.4 ft (5 m) of any person not associated with the operation.
older Tello https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello
Mine is under 100g - 250g must be registered - I registered and marked in anyway in prep of getting the basic flight license https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/drone-safety/register-drone.html
20220910:2234 - 45 of 90 min duration
Congratulations - you've successfully passed your exam! We encourage you to view your exam results for tips and areas of improvement. We've sent you an email confirmation with your pilot certificate information and how to access it along with your exam results from your account.
You have been issued a:
Pilot Certificate – Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft (VLOS)
With a Pilot Certificate - Basic Operations, you may fly a drone:
- More than 5.6 km (3 nautical miles) away from an airport
- More than 1.9 km (1 nautical mile) away from a heliport
- More than 100 ft (30 m) away from people (measured horizontally)
- Away from advertised events (e.g. an outdoor concert, a festival, or a sporting event)
You must carry or be able to show your Certificate of Registration and your Pilot Certificate - Basic Operations when operating your drone as you may be asked for it by law enforcement agencies or a Transport Canada inspector.